Sunday, July 22, 2007

Courses I Took For PPOU

Hi! I am going to tell you briefly about the courses I am taking at PPOU. This might be useful for those who in the future will be given the opportunity to take up this program.
The preparatory program will take 12 months of intensive learning period that is divided into 2 and a half semester. The total credit hours for the foundation course components will be 41 credit hours.
For the first semester, I am taking 7 courses which are Chemistry I, Chemistry Laboratory I, Introductory Calculus and Analytic Geometry(Maths), Physics I, Physics Laboratory I, Foundation English I and Academic Study Skills.
As for the second semester, I will take 6 courses which are Chemistry II, Calculus and Analytic Geometry(Maths), Physics II, Physics Laboratory II, Computing Skills and English For Academic Purposes.
The third and final semester or also known as the special semester, I will take only two courses which are Physics III and Calculus and Analytic Geometry III.
I just finished my first week so there is not much I can say about the courses I am taking but base on the total credit hours, the mostg important subject should be Calculus and Analytic Geometry followed by Physics, English(IELTS) and Chemistry. English is very important because I have to get at least band 6 for writing, speaking, listening and reading to fly overseas.
My physics professor is Dr. Yusri, a funny and interesting teacher who always tries to relate what he teaches with the world around us. He lectures well and usually give examples of questions and teach us how to crack the problem and is more than willing to correct our answers instantly when we make a mistake on the whiteboard. Dr. S (his nickname) is my Chemistry and Chemistry Lab professor who teaches us...Chemistry, of course! His notes are very neat and complete. He likes to share tips on how to study chemistry...practice,practice and more practice! My Maths lecturer, Dr. Ahmad Kamal is a gentleman. He teaches using a projector and explains clearly. His homework is a lot but gives us time to complete it...one day to one weekend. My physics lab professor is Mr Liaw Hock Sang, who is quite young. He is ever willing to help us in our experiments as long as we do not change our answer results!
I have not attended Puan Fatimah's class yet but I can see that she is a passionate teacher and friendly. Her English proficiency is awesome, if I must put it the American way...haha... She is caring teacher. Finally, Ms Eliza....you must be reading this right? Haha... Ms Eliza is my IELTS teacher and her English proficiency is totaly way past my level...haha...I have a lot to learn from her and Puan Fatimah. I will end here. So, bye bye!

No comments: